Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Experiencing God's Overwhelming Love

We talked about this some at Lifegroup today and I have been thinking about it all day. I realized that I have reached a new and exciting level with God over the last few weeks and I want to share what I am feeling and thinking with you. For so long, I have been so focused on growing and learning, and more growing, and yet more learning. I am always consumed with what I NEED to learn and what I NEED to be better at and how I can grow spiritually. Over the last few weeks, I have felt overwhelming grace and love from God. Basically, I feel like I have entered this new level with God where he is telling me, Yes of course, I want you to keep growing and learning, but I want to overwhelm you NOW, where you are NOW with my grace, love, and presence. I think that I have thought, I have to be BETTER to have this, I had to know MORE to experience his love on this level, but God is saying to me, no,quit focusing so much on how shortcoming you are, and instead just receive what I have for you. The moments that I spend worshipping, praying, and seeking Him are SO different lately. Almost as though I just rest in Him. I don't have to work as hard,I don't have to constantly focus on the growing, even though it's important, I don't have to be "there" to be OVERWHELMED by Him. It's amazing. I hope that make sense. So I guess what I want to tell any of you, is quit beating yourself up about how far you need to go, and instead think of how far you have come. He wants to pour his love out to you on a new level that you have never experienced before and all you have to do to receive it. Seek Him, and have the faith that it can happen. Just pray a prayer and ask him to overwhelm you with His love. I pray you feel his love and grace on a whole new level!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am also feeling Him overwhelming me. He is really stirring in His ladies hearts and all we have to do is recieve it. Love you Jennifer! Oh, Just worshipped with Zach (on cd of course) to the beautiful song you posted and felt such a peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo proud of you Jenn! His revelation is pouring out of you! It's not about the peaks, it's about the climb! Love you sista!!;)

    ReplyDelete