Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, October 11, 2010

Psalm 119 (The Message translation)

I have been reading out of The message translation lately and I am really liking this version! I read Psalm 119 and it's really really long but very very good! The beginning of it says...

You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him.
That's right—you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set.
You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set;
Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel.
I thank you for speaking straight from your heart;
I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.
I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me.
How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I'm single-minded in pursuit of you; don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt.

And it's just what's really on my heart right now! I don't want to live "right", I want to live for HIM! I don't want to just try to walk the right way, I want to run the right way. Does that make sense? I am tired of just getting by and being a "good christian" I want to PURSUE his purpose, his passions, his plan. He is showing me right now in my walk WHY He wants me to live a certain way....to avoid unnecessary pain, to avoid heartache, to be blessed and not cursed, to spare me the consequences of sin. I guess I just feel like I was in this grace season for so long, and I am still totally there in that season (I will never learn enough about Grace-never) but I am also being called into this new season of being obedient to His word! Yes, He has grace for me when I miss the mark, and I do miss it often but I want to STRIVE after His ways, and His commands, and His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment